23rd Septempber, 2017
Prof. Dr. B.M. Shrivastava,
(Dept. of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery)
Ex-Principal, Govt. College of Dentistry, Indore
Director (as on 9/9/17), Shri Aurobindo Post-graduate College of Dentistry, Indore
By Dr. Arun Saxena,
Dept. of Pathology, IMCHRC
- Dr. Rahul Tanwani, Associate Professor, Dept. of General Surgery, IMCHRC, Indore.
- Dr. Priyank Banthia, Professor & HOD, Dept of Periodontics and Dean, IIDS.
Realizing the importance of communication skills for medical and dental professionals, an informative workshop was conducted which covered several essential highlights including:
- Role of Communication skills in medical and dental practice.
- Importance of proper verbal, paraverbal (tone, volume etc.) and nonverbal communication (posture, gestures, facial expressions, eye contact etc.) during communication with the patients.
- Questioning skills like how to take the case history of patients during clinical practice.
- Answering skills like how to reply the questions which are commonly asked by patients or their relatives.
- Explanation skills like how to explain the patients about their disease, management plan, prognosis etc.
- Persuasion skills like how to convince the patient for any major investigation or treatment.
- Listening skills like how to make the patients feel that you are properly listening to their complaints.